More than 69% of companies have reported that they experienced data breaches due to multi-cloud security misconfigurations. The average data breach cost is USD 4.35 million. Gartner predicts that end users’ global spending on public cloud services will increase by 20.7% and reach a projected valuation of USD 591.8 billion by 2023. Managed cloud security services can enhance a business’s reputation and build consumer trust by improving an organization’s overall cloud security posture. Expanding cloud landscapes means companies generate high volumes of data and share it online. It puts customers at increased risk, and vendors neglect security by default.
Customers have a few options regarding cloud security: attempting to handle and mitigate issues alone, implementing AWS services, or working with a managed cloud security service provider to ensure the best possible outcomes.
This article will discuss why you should consider managed cloud security services and how to get started.
Table of Contents:
- What is Cloud Security?
- What is Managed Cloud Security?
- What are Managed Cloud Security Services?
- Why are Managed Cloud Security Services Important?
- Benefits of Managed Cloud Security Services
- Managed Cloud Security Services Tools
What is Cloud Security?
Cloud security is a set of procedures, processes, and tools to secure public, private, and hybrid cloud environments. Keeping data safe is critical, and as companies migrate from traditional on-premises infrastructure to cloud solutions, they must follow the best data management practices. Threats have become more advanced and evolve at unprecedented rates; organizations must improve visibility and prevent unauthorized access.
Enterprises must successfully manage and restrict access points and security across geographically distributed locations. Cloud security is highly dynamic and complex and comes with its unique challenges. However, modern cloud security solutions provide real-time alerts about misconfigurations and conduct regular compliance checks.
What is Managed Cloud Security?
Managed Cloud Security takes care of intrusion detection, firewall management, vulnerability testing, and other security aspects of multi-cloud environments. A managed cloud security service means users know how their data is stored and managed. Managed cloud security provides customizable control over security solutions and strengthens the organization’s overall security posture.
What are Managed Cloud Security Services?
Managed cloud security services feature using a blend of anti-virus configurations, firewall management, virtual private networks (VPN), and periodic vulnerability testing. It oversees an organization’s security monitoring, reporting, and automation, helping the business grow and offering technical support.
Managed cloud security services focus on securing vital customer data and business functions. It ensures that enterprises address data privacy concerns and maintain information confidentiality. There is no room for human errors by conducting regular assessments, and internal resources are optimized and used efficiently. Managed cloud security providers can detect and resolve issues before they occur or escalate into significant threats.
Why are Managed Cloud Security Services Important?
Managed cloud security services are vital because they help businesses focus less on less productive tasks and prioritize what matters the most. These security solutions offer great flexibility, save money, and streamline cybersecurity operations much more than traditional IT departments.
The managed cloud security service model secures all endpoints throughout the entire cloud infrastructure and protects the company from data breaches by enforcing continuous compliance. It provides 24/7 visibility and automated reporting, minimizes downtimes, and mitigates the risk of emerging cyber threats.
Benefits of Managed Cloud Security Services
Managed cloud security services offer several benefits to organizations, such as:
- The ability to patch and continuously monitor cloud systems and services. It improves the accuracy rates of systems, enforces encryption and authentication, and uses automation to help the business create robust and more effective cloud security.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery are two critical components of managed cloud security. Managed cloud security services ensure the service provider can quickly restore lost data and business operations in the event of unforeseen data breaches. It focuses on building a reliable cloud infrastructure and offers enhanced scalability for protecting cloud data and applications.
- It reduces costs and streamlines maintenance. Businesses have limited monthly budgets, and these services offer a pay-as-you-use pricing model, which can be quickly helpful for securing cloud infrastructures affordably.
- Centralized security control and simplified network administration are other huge benefits of using these services. It makes it easier to remediate any security vulnerabilities and address potential gaps.
Managed Cloud Security Services Tools
The following are the best-managed cloud security services tools for organizations in 2023:
PingSafe creates next-gen managed cloud security services for organizations of all services and helps transform different industry verticals. Founded by Anand Prakash, one of the world’s top 5 ethical white hats, PingSafe is backed by prominent investors like Tanglin Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital’s Surge. It has received over USD 3.3 million in funding via Crunchbase and assists organizations in eliminating hidden and exploitable cloud vulnerabilities at scale and blazing-fast speeds.
- PingSafe offers a revolutionary Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) with many unique features.
- CNAPP offers advanced Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Kubernetes Security Posture Management (KSPM), Cloud Detection and Response (CDR), and agentless vulnerability detection
- PingSafe secures cloud VMs, workloads, containers, and serverless functions.
- The platform supports over 20+ industry compliance standards and regulations.
- PingSafe enables real-time scanning of secrets, supports more than 800+ types, generates SBOM from code, and can monitor domain names.
- It can also export compliance reports and generate graph-based visualizations of EKS and Kubernetes clusters.
Cipher is a global Managed Cloud Service Provider that offers various managed cloud services to small, medium, and large enterprises worldwide. It provides extensive cyber security monitoring, incident response tools, vulnerability and compliance management, and security asset management. The company generates yearly revenue of USD 20 million to USD 50 million and caters to various industries like manufacturing, hospitality, healthcare, and finance.
- 24/7 SOC services
- Compliance monitoring and enforcement of various standards like FISMA, HIPAA, GLBA, SOX, and PCI
- Advanced threat intelligence and analysis
- Log alerts, security event management, and security asset management
- IBM Managed Cloud Security
IBM Managed Cloud Security helps organizations manage compliance monitoring for AWS and provides cost-effective protection. It offers real-time asset visibility, risk analysis, and compliance management. IBM Managed Security Services delivers value-driven monitoring, simplified security, and exhaustive threat intelligence backed by global expertise. Industry experts trust it and generate powerful visualizations of cloud assets, including network topologies.
- Agentless native integrations of AWS resources and services
- Real-time monitoring services for VPC Flow Logs, Amazon GuardDuty, AWS Lambda, AWS Config, and CloudTrail
- Log correlation, customized support, and robust client visibility
- Data governance, troubleshooting, and reporting
Onica enables cloud adoption, transformation, data engineering, and serverless application development. It integrates seamlessly with the Internet of Things and provides application modernization services, too. Onica is a premier Amazon Consulting Partner and Public Cloud Managed Service Provider and supports businesses with GCP, AWS, and Azure workloads. The company has one of the fastest migration workflows and ranks at the top of APN partners globally, featuring over 250 AWS certifications and nine AWS competencies.
Its customer base continues to grow, and it has helped hundreds of firms achieve operational excellence, enhance productivity, and boost cloud innovation.
- Rackspace Elastic Engineering for AWS
- Data pipeline management
- VM management
- AWS Cloud Transformation
Paladion offers a wide range of security services and round-the-clock monitoring and management of cloud security systems. It detects and remediates potential security vulnerabilities and responds to threats in real-time. Paladion’s managed cloud services ensure compliance with the latest regulatory standards. Artificial Intelligence powers it and even offers incident response and detection services.
- Penetration testing
- Threat lifecycle management
- Managed WAN security
Managed cloud services provide next-gen threat intelligence and cyber security protection in today’s complex technology landscape. Organizations can defend against unknown attacks and stay proactive by implementing the best security measures and leveraging managed cloud security services.
PingSafe offers a revolutionary Cloud-Native Application Protection Platform (CNAPP) with many unique features. From advanced Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM), Kubernetes Security Posture Management (KSPM), Cloud Detection and Response (CDR), and agentless vulnerability detection, it is a comprehensive security platform that secures cloud VMs, workloads, and containers. PingSafe can secure serverless functions and covers over 20+ industry compliance standards and regulations. It enables real-time scanning of secrets, supports more than 800+ types, generates SBOM from code, and can monitor domain names. It can also export compliance reports and generate graph-based visualizations of EKS and Kubernetes clusters.