Growing numbers of companies are utilizing the cloud, but this expansion also brings unexpected security issues that are exclusive to the cloud. Unfortunately, due to the inability of traditional security measures to keep up with this expansion in resource management, security vulnerabilities are amplified and cloud access risk is common. In this article, we will delve into the top 10 CIEM Solutions of 2024, exploring their features, benefits, and suitability for different organizational needs.
Table of Contents
- What is CIEM?
- What are CIEM Tools?
- Top 10 CIEM Solutions in 2024
- How to choose the best CIEM Solutions (Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management)?
What is CIEM?
The danger of data breaches in public cloud systems is reduced by cloud infrastructure entitlement management (CIEM), a kind of automated cloud security solution. In order to make sure that entities are working inside the proper access controls, CIEMs continuously monitor the permissions and activities of those entities. A strong cloud security posture, comprehensive reporting, and streamlined access management are all benefits of an efficient CIEM solution. DevOps disruption is also reduced.
What are CIEM Tools?
Next-generation cloud security system known as CIEM manages access by granting, resolving, enforcing, rescinding, and administering it. In order to decrease excessive permissions, inherited access, and expose toxic permission combinations, CIEM tools aim to manage identity entitlements, remediate cloud access risk, and apply the principle of least privilege across multi-cloud settings.
Top 10 CIEM Solutions in 2024
Here is the list of top 10 CIEM solutions in 2024:
PingSafe is a comprehensive tool for cloud security that provides protection for companies of all sizes and in all sectors. It can aid in eliminating all risks and challenges, both known and unknown.
- In the cloud, configuration errors are automatically addressed and repaired. Misconfigurations across resources, lateral movement pathways, and impact radius are displayed in graphs.
- Monitoring continuous security posture of new or current cloud services, focusing on security concerns and recommended practices, and notifying of security defaults.
- Infrastructure as a Code: Comparing IaC configuration and implementation to other standards like CIS benchmark and PCI-DSS. In order to prevent merge and pull requests with hardcoded secrets, support for CI/CD integration can be employed.
- Find the cloud resources/assets that have known CVEs (Intelligence from 10 or more sources with thorough coverage) to handle vulnerabilities.
- Threat Watch: A dashboard for monitoring any problems with the zero-day vulnerabilities in your environment.
- Bill of materials (BOM) reporting for agentless applications and security vulnerability testing for virtual machine snapshots.
- Ease of implementation and very intuitive UI
- Can integrate with Jira, Slack, PagerDuty, and more
- Lets customers create custom security policies and includes all popular compliances like SOC2, ISO, HIPAA, CIS, and PCI/DSS
- Backed by global top-ranking security researchers and leading venture capitalists
- Offers multi-tenancy support, role-based access control, and history tracking
- No cons as of the moment.
PingSafe follows a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) model and offers customized pricing to enterprises.
Next in the CIEM solutions list, Wiz is a CNAPP that integrates CIEM, DSPM, CSPM, KSPM, CWPP, vulnerability management, vulnerability scanning, container and Kubernetes security, and vulnerability management into one platform.
- Snapshot Scanning
- Inventory and Asset Management
- Secrets Scanning and Analysis
- For development teams, Wiz offers direct visibility, risk prioritization, and remediation recommendations so they can handle issues in their own infrastructure and applications and ship more quickly and safely.
- Limited platform support
- Cost considerations
Wiz has not provided pricing information for this product or service. Contact Wiz to obtain current pricing.
#3 Microsoft Defender
The next tool in CIEM solutions is Microsoft Defender. In order to provide integrated defense against complex assaults, Microsoft 365 Defender is a unified pre- and post-breach enterprise defense package that natively coordinates detection, prevention, investigation, and response across endpoints, identities, email, and applications.
- Threat detection and response
- Management of security posture
- Identity and access management
- Real-Time Protection
- Cloud-Based Protection
- There may be compatibility problems between some third-party security programs and Microsoft Defender.
- Limited Customizability
Microsoft cloud defender pricing has multiple options. It ranges from $0.007server/hour to $15/instance/month. There are different kinds of pricing plans available and you can choose what fits you best.
#4 Obsidian Security
Software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications benefit from the full protection offered by Obsidian protection. Posture hardening, threat reduction, and integration risk management are some of its solutions.
- It takes minutes to deploy and is productive in just hours.
- Accessible via UI and API, rich user, access, and activity data model.
- Tracking privileged access and activity across applications in one place.
- You may maintain total control over your data using Obsidian.
- You don’t need to register for an account to use Obsidian, and since it cannot access your data because it is saved locally on your device.
- Additionally, neither of their apps collects telemetry data nor does it ever sell user information.
- Due to the fact that open and new URIs in Obsidian automatically launch files, a single compromised website can actually chain spawn several malicious URI processes.
- Using the overwrite URI argument, the aforementioned problem also enables malicious websites to corrupt and/or overwrite any other file type, such as image files.
You can contact Obsidian Security for pricing details.
#5 Adaptive Shield
Popular Security Posture Management software called Adaptive Shield alerts security teams to potential hazards in their SaaS environment and works to address them.
Deep visibility and remediation for SaaS security settings are essential due to organizations having thousands of employees using dozens or hundreds of apps. By identifying and fixing configuration flaws, Adaptive Shield helps your security save time. Security specialists can use the solution to stop setup and privileges mistakes, ensuring that their company conforms with industry requirements.
- Spam Check
- Access Control
- Privacy Control
- Data leak detection
- A seamless user management and investigation process is made possible by Adaptive Shield, which is particularly helpful for protecting critical users like CEOs and IT administrators.
- It offers automated policy enforcement, continuous monitoring, and anomaly detection.
- May require configuration and fine-tuning to align with specific organizational needs.
- It may have a learning curve for users unfamiliar with the platform.
- The pricing model and cost may vary depending on the organization’s size and requirements.
You can contact Adaptive Shield for pricing details.
The next tool in the list of top 10 CIEM solutions is FortiSIEM. The Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution FortiSIEM is a highly scalable multi-tenant SIEM that offers real-time infrastructure and user awareness for precise threat detection, analysis, and reporting.
- Log Management: It efficiently collects, standardizes, and securely stores log data.
- Event Correlation: It uses advanced correlation techniques to identify significant security events and incidents by analysisng patterns and associations among different log entries.
- Threat Intelligence
- Connects easily to additional Fortinet products
- A very effective technique for managing organizational technology system occurrences
- FortiSiem’s view of business services simplifies the management of network security and operations, freeing up resources and enhancing violation detection.
- When combining third-party sources with Fortinet events, it is less straightforward to use.
- It requires a large network and high level of technical support.
You can contact FortiSIEM for pricing details.
CensorNet empowers mid-market organizations with the assurance and oversight of enterprise-level cybersecurity. The Autonomous Security platform seamlessly combines threat intelligence from email, web, and cloud environments, enabling rapid response and defense against cyber threats. Its AI-driven, autonomous solution surpasses human capabilities in terms of intelligence, speed, and safety. Additionally, CensorNet is backed by an acclaimed customer support team, ensuring exceptional service and assistance.
- Web Security: CensorNet’s web security solution helps organizations secure their web browsing activities including features such as URL filtering, content filtering, and antivirus scanning.
- Email Security: CensorNet provides email security features to safeguard organizations against email-based threats, including spam, phishing attacks, and malicious attachments.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): CensorNet offers MFA capabilities to add an extra layer of security during user authentication.
- CensorNet offers robust web and email security solutions, providing protection against various threats such as malware, phishing, and data leakage.
- It offers comprehensive content filtering and policy enforcement capabilities, helping organizations ensure compliance and productivity. T
- CensorNet’s feature-rich offerings may lead to a steeper learning curve for users unfamiliar with the platform.
- The cost of CensorNet’s licenses and subscriptions may be a consideration for smaller organizations.
You can contact CensorNet for their pricing details.
CloudKnox is a security tool for cloud services. It helps organizations make their cloud environments more secure by managing who can access what. It focuses on reducing unnecessary access and providing real-time information about who is using the cloud. CloudKnox helps businesses improve their security and follow rules..
- Continuous Monitoring: CloudKnox provides ongoing oversight of cloud access rights and usage across a variety of cloud service providers, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Access Remediation: To ensure least privilege access and reduce the attack surface, CloudKnox offers automated permission remediation.
- Real-time monitoring of user actions aids in the identification of suspicious behavior and potential security risks.
- Organizations can use role-based access control (RBAC) policies to impose security and compliance requirements.
- Integration: CloudKnox easily interfaces with a range of cloud platforms and security software.
- Enhanced Security: By eliminating over-permissioning and enforcing least privilege access, CloudKnox assists enterprises in bolstering their cloud security.
- The technology provides real-time monitoring of cloud activity, enabling prompt threat detection and reaction.
- Simplified Compliance: By giving visibility and control over rights and access, it facilitates compliance with regulatory obligations.
- Complexity: For businesses with complicated cloud architectures, implementing and configuring CloudKnox can be challenging.
- Cost: For smaller companies or those with few cloud resources, the pricing structure may be prohibitively expensive.
Contact ClouKnox for pricing details.
The next tool in CIEM solutions is Lookout. It is a cybersecurity company that specializes in mobile security. It provides mobile threat defense solutions designed to protect mobile devices, apps, and data from various security risks and threats. Lookout’s solutions are focused on ensuring the security and privacy of mobile users in both personal and enterprise settings.
- Monitoring of Personal Information and Financial Accounts: Lookout monitors various types of personal information, including email addresses, medical insurance numbers, and passports, as well as financial accounts like bank accounts and credit card numbers. This proactive monitoring helps identify any potential misuse or unauthorized activity.
- Protection against Device Threats: Lookout provides comprehensive protection for smartphones, safeguarding them against a wide range of threats such as phishing attacks, malware infections, adware, and spyware. This ensures the security and integrity of personal data stored on mobile devices.
- Lookout offers mobile security solutions, protecting against mobile threats, phishing attacks, and app vulnerabilities.
- It provides real-time threat detection and remediation, ensuring mobile device security.
- The platform offers visibility into device and app risks and assists with compliance requirements.
- Lookout’s features may not be as extensive as some other mobile security solutions.
- The cost of licenses and subscriptions may vary based on organization size and requirements.
- Continuous updates and maintenance are necessary to address emerging threats.
Lookout offers an affordable solution, with pricing starting at $5 per month.
The last one of CIEM solutions is Netskope. It is a cloud security platform that provides organizations with visibility and control over cloud applications, data, and web traffic. It offers a comprehensive set of security services designed to protect against threats, enforce compliance policies, and secure data in the cloud. Netskope enables organizations to safely adopt cloud services by providing real-time monitoring and control over cloud usage across multiple devices and locations.
- Collects and summarizes data and delivers security insights across Azure, GCP, and AWS deployments
- Builds upon data loss prevention (DLP) profiles, scans storage buckets in Azure blob containers and AWS (S3), identifies sensitive information, and prevents malware attacks
- Uncovers hidden CLI activities and provides inline visibility and controls powered by Cloud XD
- Prevents shadow IT attacks and enables custom security policies to be established and implemented across multiple cloud environments
- Data centers are spread across 50+ regions globally
- Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE) and IPsec tunnelling for inline CASB, NGFW, and SWG capabilities
- Offers analytics and expands deployments to include sandboxing
- Doesn’t include protection for software-defined WAN (SD-WAN devices).
- Relies on third-party applications to extend deployment integrations.
You can contact Netskope for pricing details.
How to choose the best CIEM Solutions(Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management)?
When choosing the best CIEM solutions(Cloud Infrastructure Entitlement Management), consider the following factors to make an informed decision:
- Security Capabilities: Evaluate the security features offered by CIEM solutions. Look for features such as fine-grained access controls, identity and access management (IAM) integration, privilege management, behavioral analytics, threat detection, and data encryption.
- Ease of Use and Management: The CIEM solutions should have an intuitive and user-friendly interface that simplifies the management of entitlements and access controls.
- Compliance and Audit Support: Verify that the CIEM solutions offer robust compliance and audit features.
- Integration and Interoperability: Evaluate the level of integration between the CIEM solutions and your current security infrastructure and tools. Ensure compatibility with identity and access management systems, security information and event management (SIEM) solutions, and other relevant security technologies. This ensures smooth data exchange, and centralized visibility, and facilitates efficient incident response.
- Cost-effectiveness: Evaluate the pricing model and cost-effectiveness of the CIEM solutions. Consider factors such as licensing fees, implementation costs, and ongoing maintenance expenses.
By incorporating strong CIEM Solutions, organizations can effectively reduce the likelihood of data breaches and unauthorized access while simultaneously improving their overall cloud security stance. Through efficient management of user entitlements and privileges, CIEM solutions actively contribute to the establishment of a secure and compliant cloud environment. This enables organizations to fully leverage the advantages of cloud technology while upholding the safeguarding of their valuable data and resources.